inject mode

Joshua Wright Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
Wed May 21 07:57:42 EDT 2003

Kevin,

What version of HostAP are you using?  I believe the netlink usersock method was deprecated long ago.

I have had some success using HostAP to do arbitary packet injection, though I keep receiving ENOGAIN followed by when ENOBUFS when in non-blocking mode and attempting to transmit WEP encrypted packets.  I haven't quite figured out why this is happening, though I'll share what I have for code if anyone is interested.  Injection of management frames seems to work OK, control frames do not work.

-Joshua Wright
Senior Network and Security Architect
Johnson & Wales University
Joshua.Wright at jwu.edu
http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/

pgpkey: http://home.jwu.edu/jwright/pgpkey.htm
fingerprint: FDA5 12FC F391 3740 E0AE BDB6 8FE2 FC0A D44B 4A73