station firmware flshing problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon May 19 23:50:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:20:54PM -0700, John Hampton wrote:

> intentional.  The thing that struck me as weird was that the station
> firmware varsion was being rest after starting up hostapd.  Correct me if
> I'm wrong, but I don't believe that that is proper behavior.  It's my
> understanding that once I do a prism2_srec -r blah ... that the card
> should retain the station firmware version until the next reboot.

Actually, that is not the whole truth.. RAM download should remain until
the next COR sreset and this could happen before the next reboot.. Does
'dmesg' show you any error messages when you are starting hostapd? If
yes, Host AP driver might try to reset the card to fix the issues and
this will return the card to the firmware version from flash. If this is
indeed the case, I would suggest using the latest version since there
has been number of fixes that could fix the issue that caused the card
to reset.