station firmware flshing problems

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Mon May 19 23:03:04 EDT 2003

On Mon, 19 May 2003, John Hampton wrote:

> I'm having a weird problem with flashing my station firmware.  I have a
> WPC11 and am using hostap-2002-10-12.  A while ago things were working
> fine, but I changed the motherboard and case to my AP and now I'm having
> problems.  The problem is that when I flash the station firmware via:
>
> prism2_srec -r wlan0 RF010409.HEX

It seems you don't understand the meaning or the "-r" option.  It's
explained if you run prism2_srec without arguments.

> PDR 0x0486 not found from wlan card PDA. Using default data. len=2: 64 00

This is usually safe.  I recall that Intersil doesn't require that all
PDRs have corresponding PDA data and vice versa.  Only mismatch in the
length should be considered fatal.

I think it's not the first time when those messages are wrongly
interpreted as signs of trouble.  I wonder if they should be printed with
"-v" only.

> Anyway, I don't know what to do?  Anyone had this problem before? should
> I just upgrade to the newest release of hostap?  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.

You really should upgrade if you are going to flash the firmware, as
opposed to loading the firmware into the card's RAM that you have been
doing so far.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin