Link quality & tx-power

jar at pcuf.fi jar at pcuf.fi
Mon Mar 31 10:08:48 EST 2003

> Hi,
>
> I think you are confusing Txpower with TxRate. If the rate is set to
> "auto", then the tx rates are automatically adjusted as per link
> quality. The txpower remains the same irrespective (unless changed)

The TxRate is adjusted automatically, but why the Txpower is not ?
When the link quality get worse, why the FW doesn't try first to
compensate the link quality drop by increasing the txpower and if
that dosen't help it start to decrease the TxRate ?

Of course I can force the txpower to maximum, but auto adjusting
that would be nice.

Regars, Jar