WDS links & P2P mode?

Jon Loeliger jdl at jdl.com
Thu Mar 27 10:03:21 EST 2003

So, like, the other day Mike Saywell mumbled:

> It will be on sourceforge once we've stuck bsd license headers on

Yes!

> everything and written some documentation - on how to use it if nothing
> else!  I would guess within a week - I'll make another post once it's
> there :)

Nah, no need to worry about docs. :-)

> For the routing etc we're just running OSPF, each access point is assigned
> a /26 half of which is currently used for clients, the other half for
> links and any hosts connected via ethernet.  Automating that side of
> things is a something we're about to start on...

Interesting.  How well does that work?  I mean using OSPF?
How well does it recover from a network drop-out?  Or are
you using a small enough set of links it converges very
quickly again?  Are you placing all your APs into the
backbone area?  And does the route flooding cause any blips
in the perceived service?

jdl