WDS links & P2P mode?

Mike Saywell ms at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 08:01:29 EST 2003

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:48:59AM -0000, geeojr at krombie.net wrote:
> But, I can express more interest in the IP software; be sure to notify the
> list (or at myself) when you sourceforge it. I'm sure there are quite a few
> who are interested in a solution such as this. Does it have a name yet??

Well the transparent mobile IP is cunningly called "Transparent MobileIP"
:)) (tmip for short).  Handovers are pretty speedy, i.e. a blip in
streaming music and pretty un-noticable in ssh or http sessions.
And of course it doesnt require any software on the client.

It will be on sourceforge once we've stuck bsd license headers on
everything and written some documentation - on how to use it if nothing
else!  I would guess within a week - I'll make another post once it's
there :)

For the routing etc we're just running OSPF, each access point is assigned
a /26 half of which is currently used for clients, the other half for
links and any hosts connected via ethernet.  Automating that side of
things is a something we're about to start on...

Cheers,

Mike