RangeLAN firmware upgrade

Project Manager projekt.manager at web.de
Sat Mar 15 11:11:52 EST 2003

Hi all,

I have a few old Proxim RangeLAN-DS 8430, originally with f/w 0.7.6 and
have tried to use two of them for WDS.

The WDS related commands (iwpriv, brctl) run without errors, but both my
stations freeze punctually in about 20 seconds after the bridging takes
over.

Thought it might help to upgrade the firmware, so I used ZCOMAX windows
tools to bump em up to f/w 0.8.3.  Unfortunately prism2_srec complained
that the manufid is not supported.

This time around one of the hostap's worked fine as before, but the
other is not able to serve in Managed mode.  It accepts iwconfig
commands w/o error, but shows AP MAC addr as 44:44:44:44:44:44 (on
iwconfig wlan0).

I am yet to exhaust my all options for the WDS part, so consider the
above info fyi for now.

BUT, does anyone have a clue about what causing the 44:44:44:44:44 :44 MAC?

TIA for your attention.