problem with latest CVS of hostap (03-03-03) & linux 2.4.18

DMZ dmz at dmzs.com
Tue Mar 4 04:05:14 EST 2003

Interesting problem here. I grab the latest CVS (from yesterday 03/02 & today 03/04-1am) and build with
the kernel I'm using on my AP's (2.4.18, no patches).

Then when I modprobe hostap_pci, all I get is:
  hostap_pci: Registered netdevice wlan0

Then the machine freezes. Can't ping it, console is dead (serial console), all sessions die. I don't get
any kernel panic or any other indications that things are wrong.

Any suggestions?

David