SMC2632W Version01.02 with HostAP

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jun 30 23:58:21 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:01:52PM -0700, Vaidehi Kasarekar wrote:

> My card blinks (indicating no network connectivity).

In Host AP mode, led is blinking even when network is fully
operational..

> ./wlansniff -auth wlan0

Please note that you cannot run card in monitor mode while trying to
use it as an access point or station.

> Jun 30 14:42:54 vaidehi kernel: hostap_cs: hostap_cs.c
> 0.0.0 2002-04-24 (SSH Communications Security Corp,
> Jouni Malinen)

In addition to Pavel's suggestion about newer firmware version, I would
strongly recommend using a newer version of the driver, too. I will not
consider fixing anything in that old version of the driver and in most
cases I just ignore the report/questions before newer version has been
tested..