Chipset for hostap_cs

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sun Jun 8 23:33:58 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 05:50:16PM +0200, Martin Schiotz wrote:

> Is there any difference between chipset 2, 2.5 or 3 when running hostap ?

There is no difference between Prism2, 2.5, and 3 as far as Host AP
driver is concerned. As Pavel mentioned, there might be some issues
finding newer firmware versions for some models, but I would not
consider it a difference between chipsets ;-).

> And in general what is the difference between these chipsets ?

Intersil reduced the number of chips required for them (e.g., by
combining MAC and BBP) to make newer versions cheaper to produce. There
are some other differences too, but I do not remember them all. Feel
free to browse through Intersil data sheets if you need more details.