Upload firmware while AP active?

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Tue Jul 22 19:22:17 EDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003, Brian Capouch wrote:

> So I'm wondering: is it safe at that point to upload the firmware onto
> the card (using the "stay in RAM" type of firmware) while it's running?

Yes, it is.  As long as you don't flash firmware, the card should be OK.
The worst thing that can happen is that you'll have to reboot your system.

prism2_srec is very careful not to let you kill your card.  The only
unsafe thing it allows is flashing primary firmware, but it will be fixed.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin