hostap - more then one card?

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Mon Jul 7 06:11:29 EDT 2003

> You wouldn't want to run more than 3 cards in the same physical
> location due to channel spacing.
>
> There are only 3 channels in 802.11b that don't overlap.
>
> I think they're 1, 6 and 11 ?

The cards will be running cables up to a roof where there will be seperate
antannaes facing in completely different directions (point to point links).

I got a few private emails; somebody pointed out that one issue they've had is
the cards 'jam' each other (interference), I'm guessing this is due to the
poor shielding most cards have.

But apparently the hostap driver handles more then one card fine; which is
great (I remember issues a while ago with having multiple orinoco cards, and
the kernel driver spitting chips).

Ack.  Anybody had any real life experiences with all this, and how they got
around all the problems?