Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter

Charlie Grosvenor charlie at cgrosvenor.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 17:32:19 EST 2003

I have a linux box with a wireless card and am using the hostap kernel
modules, I connect to it via my Dell laptop which has a Intel(R)
PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A Mini PCI Adapter card in it, this works fine. I
would like my wireless network to be secured using wep encryption. I am so
far unable to get this to work, when i set up the encryption on the linux
box as per the documentation that comes with hostap, i am then unable to
connect using the laptop. I am running Windows XP on the laptop, has anybody
else experienced this problem? If so what is the solution?

Thank you