A couple of Problems with hostap and 802.1x

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Fri Aug 22 22:05:22 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 06:06:02PM +0200, Erich Schubert wrote:

> Well, that leads to my questions already. ;)
> - xsupplicant: using the same certificates i can't get it to work. It
> sends out the user name; on the machine running hostapd i do see the EAP
> Challenge being sent out, on the client i don't see it coming in with
> ethereal. I guess that is why xsupplicant doesn't reply. Any ideas?

Seeing hostapd debug log with at least debug=2 (or -dd in command line)
level could be helpful to find out what did not work.

> - dynamic wep rekeying with EAP-TSL and win2k. Does this work? when i
> enable rekeying in hostapd authentication fails:
> wlan0: encryption configured, but RX frame not encrypted (SA=...)
> i guess that is the reply frame.

It should work. How did you configure hostapd for this? With both
broadcast and unicast keys? Does EAP-TLS succeed in this setup or do you
get that frame drop messages already for an EAPOL packet?

> Another question: When 802.11i is finished; are there people working on
> implementing these for linux already?

Yes.