A couple of Problems with hostap and 802.1x

Erich Schubert erich at debian.org
Wed Aug 20 12:06:02 EDT 2003

Hello,
i'm playing around with hostap and 802.1x, but i'm running into a few
problems.

What is working for me:
EAP-MD5 and EAP-TSL work with hostapd, freeradius and win2k client
AND with WEP disabled (i think i got fixed WEP working, too). I can't
get dynamic rekeying to work.

Well, that leads to my questions already. ;)
- xsupplicant: using the same certificates i can't get it to work. It
sends out the user name; on the machine running hostapd i do see the EAP
Challenge being sent out, on the client i don't see it coming in with
ethereal. I guess that is why xsupplicant doesn't reply. Any ideas?

- dynamic wep rekeying with EAP-TSL and win2k. Does this work? when i
enable rekeying in hostapd authentication fails:
wlan0: encryption configured, but RX frame not encrypted (SA=...)
i guess that is the reply frame.

Another question: When 802.11i is finished; are there people working on
implementing these for linux already? I think it's too difficult for me
(i have way too little knowledge at this layer) but i might need it.

Thanks.

Greetings,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(vitavonni.de|debian.org)    --    GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
        The best things in life are free: Friendship and Love.       //\