hostAP vs Dedicated AP

Anand S. Katti askatti at ece.iisc.ernet.in
Thu Aug 21 05:26:49 EDT 2003

Dear All,

With help generous suggestions of you all, i was able to successfully
install the hostAP drivers on my RHL8.0	box.

Now I want to do a feature comparison of hostAP and any dedicated ACCESS
POINT.

like, i have DLINK DWL-900AP+, I would be doing a comparison of the
featuers  supported by this and (Desktop machine acting as access
point with ) hostAP.

considered features are
1. WEP or equivalent protocols supported.
2. capability to host multiple BSS names.
3. packet forwarding latencies.
4. range.
5. No. of hosts supported.
6. any other added advantages.

I wud be greatfukl to you all if any body tell me if you have already dont
these conmparison or if there is any comparison table alredy in existence ?

Waiting for your respones.

Thankin you,