RE problem on downloading firmware to minipci card with intersil chip

Lai Li laili at interepoch.com.tw
Fri Apr 18 07:21:19 EDT 2003

> When i try to upgrade, the system stop after i use prism2_srec,it stop at
> here....

>What is your "system"? I.e., what kind of host CPU/board? Which version
>of Linux kernel? Which version of Host AP driver?

Hmmm... This is an embedded system.
IDT R4000 mips processor, mipsel kernel 2.4.18  patched with wireless ext
16, hostap driver just i download at this week.

Besides the firmware download, hostap works well with my 11b minipci  card.

>Downloading to volatile memory (RAM).
> wlan0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wlan0: NIC: id=0x8022 v1.0.0
> wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wlan0: PRI: id=0x15 v1.1.1
> wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6
> wlan0: STA: id=0x1f v1.5.6

>Does prism2_srec really so those lines that way (i.e., each version line
>twice)?

Sorry! This's the problem of my terminal.  Just ignore it.

> now my system is block , why?

>What do you mean be "block"? Does the kernel crash? Do you get any error
>message?

yes, the kernel crashed .

thank u :)