Can anyone help me about win2k client talk with AP by 802.1x ?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Sat Apr 12 21:47:24 EDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 09:00:32PM +0800, tan keen wrote:

>     But  , now i replace the winxp client with win2k's one( i have upgraded the win2000 sp3 and download client from MS's web site ), after configuring  the adapter to use 802.1x method , i found that the client can not talk with hostap(it seems the client can not send any useful frame to  ap) , Does  anyone  have the same experiences?

Could you please give a direct address for the download page of the
Supplicant code you are using? I have only tested non-Microsoft
Supplicants with Win2k.

>   The hostap can't support win2k client using 802.1x  ? Is there something wrong with win2k client using 802.1x ?

Works for me, but like I said, with another Win2k Supplicant. Can you
get any debug output from the Supplicant you are using? I would also
like to see debug output from hostapd. In addition, I would recommend
testing this with the latest CVS version of hostapd.