Lock rate?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Tue Apr 8 22:16:18 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 12:42:25AM -0700, Dave wrote:

> Note: wlan0 is in repeater/wds mode and now when using the latest hostap
> driver as of yesterday...I can see that 11Mbps does work now as I noted in
> previous email....but rate adjusts periodically (I assume due to packet
> loss/retry).

I had fixed rate control of WDS links only for Master mode. I just fixed
the code to use same rate control mechanism in other modes, too. Fix is
in the CVS.

> Is there a place in the driver code that I could lock speeds (hardcode) when
> in WDS mode?

I would rather not hide the real problem by hardcoding it. Anyway, TX
rate is controlled by tx_rate field of TX descriptor, so you would need
to hardcode that to the rate you want to use.