Lock rate?

Dave dave at cc0.net
Tue Apr 8 03:42:25 EDT 2003

> > Is there a way to lock a rate to a certain speed regardless of the
> > conditions of the link?
>
> Yes, although it is not fully tested (i.e., please let me know if it
> does not work ;-).

Does not work..;)

That is the one of the first things I tried...

I also tried "prism2_param wlan0 txratectrl 1" to see if the FW and
combination of "iwconfig wlan0 rate 11M fixed" would do it...and no such
luck...

Note: wlan0 is in repeater/wds mode and now when using the latest hostap
driver as of yesterday...I can see that 11Mbps does work now as I noted in
previous email....but rate adjusts periodically (I assume due to packet
loss/retry).

Is there a place in the driver code that I could lock speeds (hardcode) when
in WDS mode?

Thanks!

-Dave