RH 8.0 and hostap 10-12

Peter Buelow pete at putzin.net
Sun Nov 24 22:37:06 EST 2002

I thought I would add this. This is also a response to Golden G. Richard's
question. With the latest RH kernel for 8.0, and with the latest CVS
version of hostap, things seem to work for RH 8.0 just fine. I'm playing
with txpower settings and running netperf right now over the link, and
everything seems to be good to go. Nothing interesting in dmesg.

Quick question though. I get about 5mbs a sec using netperf with default
options and an MTU of 1500. This is about 4 feet from the antenna, so link
quality is excellent (92%). Really, even in my bedroom (50ft), same rate.
I know that on an 11mbs connection, all 11 isn't possible, but I was
wondering if there are tuning options to make up some of the other half
I'm not getting? Maybe a different MTU, or some fun with iwconfig or the
driver? Just curious, as I haven't seen anything in the message archives
recent about this. Thanks in advance.