iwevent not reliable?

Jun Sun jsun at junsun.net
Sat Nov 16 12:36:03 EST 2002

I am using the latest wireless ext 15 and 2002-10-12 hostap release.
Based on the log messages this combo should be able to report
client association and dessociation events with hostap in master mode.

However when I tried that, things are not reliable.

For most of the time, no events are reported.

If I do a mode change, the events are always reported.

In managed mode, events seem always reported.

Sometimes going back master mode, I can still get some events, but usually
not for long.

Any ideas?

Jun