(no subject)

Gerald Britton gbritton at doomcom.org
Thu Nov 14 12:03:06 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 11:41:04AM -0500, Senthil Cumar Palaniappun wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. This card is just dwl 650 (without +) and is a
> 802.11b. From what I read on the net this card uses cardbus interface and
> voltage but is still a pcmcia device. In fact, many have successfully run it
> using hostap_cs, prism2_cs, etc.

D-Link has released several things called "dwl-650" all with slightly
different designs.  Can you find the FCCID for the card?  It should be
printed on the card.  Probably something like this: "FCC ID: MXF-WL211F"
and probably printed near the hardware address printed on the card.

I have a card labeled "dwl-650" it is not a cardbus card.  Mine is a normal
pcmcia card and has a prism2.5 chipset.

				-- Gerald