Accounting support for Radius

Jouni Malinen jkmaline at cc.hut.fi
Wed Dec 18 23:07:28 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 08:11:42AM -0500, Rob Schrack wrote:

> Quick question tho:  If -E is not given, does the password for accounting
> default to the authentication password?

No, you will need to set both just like you need to set both IP
addresses even if you are using the same RADIUS server for
authentication and accounting. Anyway, I should really replace that
command line way of configuring things with a configuration file. It is
not really that wise to require passwords to be set on command line and
there is already quite a few options to make the command lines complex.