"prism2" driver on Zaurus PDA

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Dec 15 04:04:40 EST 2002

Brian Capouch wrote:> I just installed the "Open Zaurus" distribution on
my Sharp Zaurus
> 5000-D, and am having a bit of trouble with the (older, I'm certain)
> version of the HostAP driver that is installed on that machine.
>

> Can I just add one like the current hostap_cs.conf, and set ignore_cis
> to 0?
>

> Thanks if anyone knows a fix. . .

I know it's considered gauche to reply to your own question, but through
trial-and-error I determined that I had the parameter just backwards.

To use the 5v card in the Zaurus, the file /etc/pcmcia/prism2.conf
should contain the option "ignore_cis_vcc=1"

Sorry for the noise; hope this helps someone out in the future.

B.