No subject

Fri Jan 4 00:30:02 EST 2008

Subject:  RE: [vpn] vpn planning

Hello,
Perhaps the Nokia CryptoCluster series is a scalable fit. This is a nice
IPsec hardware solution that is separate from the FW. I've worked in
situations in the past where this is the perfect fit for a site to site
solution. The only downfall is Nokia will only support them for 5 years,
which is still an ample amount of time for migration (if needed). I have
more information about CryptoCluster if you need it.

Another excellent solution is VTCP based VPN called VSgate by InfoExpress.
It installed on i386 system and does not have the limitations that IPsec
solutions sometimes have. Here is a link for more info
http://www.infoexpress.com/products/vpn/index.html.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Hunt [mailto:stephen_hunt at sunguru.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 2:47 PM
To: vpn at securityfocus.com
Subject: [vpn] vpn planning

Hi,  I'm planning to install a vpn so that two of our  locations can share
the same database,and access  each other's local network shares.  I had
planned to use free s/wan with a linux firewall  like ipchains for this,
setting up a NAT with firewalling  rules,then setting up the vpn on that
machine.  After  doing some reading, I see that there's probably more  to
it.  For example,do I need some kind of Windows  vpn client for the windows
workstations?  Is there  anyway to make the vpn transparent to the
user,such
that any traffic to the remote LAN is automatically  routed through the
vpn?
What are some general recommendations,as in what  software should I use,
how
to integrate firewalling into  a vpn solution, sample hardware and software
setups?  Thanks for any info, pointers etc yall can provide!  Steve

VPN is sponsored by SecurityFocus.com

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.