VPN management

Fri Jan 4 00:30:02 EST 2008

Why is there a need for a pre-shared text secret? You could use certificates
with a central PKI and the problem you are worried about simply does not
exist. Of course, one must maintain the PKI and the CRLs, but at least that
is centrally managed, and a lot less work.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: guy.raymakers at EUROPE.EDS.COM [mailto:guy.raymakers at EUROPE.EDS.COM]
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 3:30 AM
To: VPN at SECURITYFOCUS.COM
Subject: VPN management

We are investigating the management effort of a site to site VPN network
including about 3000 sites (connecting secure to one central point). Since
the
IPsec function is implemented on routers, there's a need to use the
Pre-shared
text secrets. We want to change that text-secret on a regular basis, the
question is now : are there some "smart" techniques to do this ? I cannot
imagine to do this all one by one manually.

Thanks for your responses,
          Guy