[VPN] Force VPN traffic

Aaron none aaronfmd at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 18 08:52:05 EDT 2006

 I am a home user trying to route all of my traffic thru my work proxy.
 I use IPSEC VPN and connect without any problems to work. While I'm
 connected, everything works fine and all of my traffic (Not just port
 80 or http, it includes pop, games, etc.) goes thru the work proxy.
 The problem is when my internet connection resets every 15 minutes or
 so, the VPN drops and a dialogue pops up asking me if I want to
 reconnect to the VPN. If I'm sitting there, I just reconnect, but if
 I'm away, all of my traffic goes straight to the internet without going
 through the proxy. I'm trying to deal with my ISP to get a workaround
 for the internet disconnecting. In the meantime, what can I do? I
 want to prevent my computer from using the non VPN IP when I'm away.
 I'm using Comcast Cable internet, Win XP SP2, and a linksys router, and
 the Windows built in dialer for connecting to the VPN. Is there a
 third party VPN client that could redial without the dialogue box, or
 can I disable the one that the Windows dialer uses? Is there another
 way to force my computer to not use the non Proxy IP? Thanks for your
 help.

 aaron