[VPN] Re: HWClient O Cisco 800 Series

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at center.osis.gov
Thu Jul 6 15:04:39 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 07:24:44PM +0000, Khalil KHAMLICHI wrote:
> hi
> but the link asks for username & password !!! where do i get that !!!
> i have registered but they tell me that I am a guest (thu I have
> registered - how wierd !)
> i m concerned by this topic because i just baught a cisco 857 router &
> i had a problem from the first minute i opened the box, it won't
> synchronize with adsl, it keeps telling me to check the cable. have
> any one of you had this problem & if so how did he solve it ?

Registration gets you skin deep.  Then you have to justify your access
to more information to Cisco.

You need to go into your configuration and somehow update with your
service contract number or warranty information.  I forget details, I
had to go back and forth a couple of times until this worked for me.

--
Joe Yao