[VPN] Need help with two Linksys BEFVP41 routers.

Ken Livingston ken at comtextelecom.com
Tue Jan 17 09:03:48 EST 2006

I have searched and searched and I am not sure if I am able to do what I am
trying to do.

OK, let me explain a bit.  I have established a tunnel between two BEFVP41
routers through the internet.  I want to route traffic through them for a
couple of VoIP phones to a phone switch.  The first issue is that the phone
switch does not reside on the LAN side of either of the BEFVP41.  It does
reside on the network which is on the WAN side of one though.  Here is the
current network breakdown.

Internet --> Cisco Pix Firewall --> Cisco 3810
(192.0.1.x/255.255.255.0) -->
Cisco 3640 (192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0) --> Linksys BEFVP41
(192.168.2.x/255.255.255.0)

The Cisco 3640 is the router through which my phone system is on the
network.  It has an ip address of 192.168.1.113.  The other side of the VPN
tunnel is just the internet connection to the Linksys.  Also, I am not
absolutely sure if the topology for the placement of the Pix Firewall is
accurate.  I did not setup this network and I really know nothing about
Cisco stuff.

Internet --> Linksys BEFVP41 (192.168.4.x/255.255.255.0) --> IP Phones

I can establish the tunnel with no problems.  I need to know if there is
any
configuration needed (or desired) on the Cisco routers and/or the Pix.
Also, is there a way to establish a static route from the Linksys BEFVP41s
through the tunnel on either end?  So that I can route the IP traffic from
the IP phones to the 192.168.1.113 IP address?  Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Ken