[VPN] fw1 site to site vpn subnet conflict

zoe zmmay at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 30 12:30:26 EDT 2006

Hi

I have a site to site vpn with a client (fw1 at each end). I only have one
private subnet behind my firewall but my client has many and
one of these conflicts with mine.
Initially I only needed this connection to work one way (us --> them) so I
put a manual nat rule in place which hide nats my /24 behind
a different private /24 for connections to the client. This works fine

Now I have been asked to enable inbound traffic to certain hosts from the
client (them --> us). They can't use the real addresses of my
hosts as they would be routed to their own network. Any suggestions on how
this can be done (if at all)? I have tried a few things including adding
static nat inbound to the few hosts they need to access but have had no
success. I can post more config if anyone thinks they can help

Thanks

Zoe