[VPN] IPSec Tunnel for voice traffic without encryption, possible ?

Kim Onnel karim.adel at gmail.com
Mon May 30 03:35:50 EDT 2005

Hello,

I have a case where I have 2 remote PIXs running 2 IPSec tunnels between
them, one for data and the other for voice,

The voice tunnel introduced delay which affected voice quality, I want to
still hide my voice traffic(i.e: ports), so I was thinking of changing the
voice tunnel to only only tunnel and not encrypt,
Is that possible with IPSec, if not how can this be done?

I've looked at IPsec ESP with null encryption, but with that i guess i willl
have my traffic moving in clear text ?

Other ideas i had were to use a GRE tunnel from PIX-to-PIX only for voice,
but I knew PIX have little support for GRE, i was thinking of putting 2 BSD
PCs behind the PIXs and doing the tunnel between them, but that is not an
option either.

Some people may ask why i am trying to hide my voice ports, my answer is,
where i live, the gov. is the telco., disallowing voice except through their
high rates, and we want to do business, move with our lives.

Regards
~Kim