[VPN] problem with VPN

Huggins, Lisa Lhuggins at Dewberry.com
Thu Jan 20 18:45:07 EST 2005

Thanks to all who replied to my post.  I have been trying to solve this
problem with my IT department for months.  The problem was resolved the
same day I posted to your list serve.  Many people wrote in to help me
out.  The solution was to use the IP address to connect to my work
computer desktop, rather than the computer name.  Many hit this problem
right on the head and even more impressive - they communicated this
message effectively to a person with limited computer knowledge.

Thanks again to Bob Marvin, Bill Ott, Tim Kokes, David Nicholls, Abhari
Farzane, Zakai Kinan, and Josh Higham for your help. I'm writing this
email from home computer, but utilizing my at work email and it's all
thanks to you all!

Lisa Huggins

I Wrote:

Subject: [VPN] problem with VPN

Hello. I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post problems with
VPN, but my IT department is at a loss so I'm trying anything. I am
trying to use VPN to access my work computer from home. I am able to
connect successfully and ping my work server, but can't access any
network computers or utilize remote desktop connection. Are there any
known issues/solutions concerning this issue. My home computer is
running Windows 2000 and is set up under a workgroup. I log on as
administrator (no password). When I search entire network for computers,
I only come up with "workgroup" under "microsoft windows network". Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Lisa Huggins

Raleigh, NC

lhuggins at dewberry.com

Visit Dewberry's website at www.dewberry.com

This email transmission may contain confidential or privileged
information.

If you receive this email message in error, notify the sender by email
and delete the email without reading, copying or disclosing the email
contents.

The unauthorized use or dissemination of any confidential or privileged
information contained in this email is prohibited.

VPN at lists.shmoo.com

Lisa S. Huggins

GIS Analyst

Dewberry