[VPN] IPSec tunnel failover

ADiaz at t-systems.com ADiaz at t-systems.com
Wed Feb 9 13:13:38 EST 2005

VPN Wizards,
I have been  tasked to configure IPSec tunnels from a remote site (1751 w/Cisco Secure IOS)  terminating on 2 different Nokia IP380 firewalls. The customer is requesting that the traffic be divided into the tunnels by certain traffic type. One tunnel will transport SAP, terminating on 1 firewall and the other tunnel will transport e-mail, miscelleanous traffic,terminating on the other firewall. They also are requesting that in the event that one tunnel fails the traffic of the failed tunnel be automatically re-routed to the other available tunnel.
Can anyone let me know if this is feasible and how it is done. Do I need additional hardware or sofware to resolve this request?

Thanks,

al