[VPN] Multicast traffic and the VPN 3030 concentrator.

Dana J. Dawson Dana.Dawson at qwest.com
Thu Apr 7 15:30:39 EDT 2005

Unfortunately, IPsec doesn't directly support multicast traffic, so you
can't do what you want to do.  The fix for site-to-site vpn configs is
to use GRE tunnels to carry the multicast traffic, but the Cisco client
doesn't do GRE, so that's not an option in this case.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     Dana.Dawson at qwest.com
Sr. Staff Engineer                 CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."