[VPN] Making user of my Cisco 2600

Exo Wa exo_wa at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 21:13:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a DSL connection with a static IP.
Currently, I am using Linksys Router for my home
environment.

But I also have a Cisco 2600 series that's been
sitting around doing nothing. So I decided to try to
configure so that i can use as a substitute for my
Linksys but I ran into  some difficulty due to my
ignorance in the Cisco IOS.

Here's the info of my Cisco 2600:

It has two FasterEthernet ports: E 0/0 and E 0/1
It has one T1 DSU/CSU Wic
It has a console port and an AUX port.

I imagine the following config on the Cisco router:

PCs(from private network)==>Dell Switch==>Ethernet 0/0
and then the Serial 0/0 is connected to the DSL modem.

I would imagine i bind my public IP to Int Ser 0/0.
Then where would i bind my default gateway IP?
What is the command to do that?

How do i configure it so that all the systems in my
private network can to go to the Internet via the
switch and this cisco router.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Exo