[VPN] Which VPN solution is best Practice

Paolo Alexis Falcone pfalcone at free.net.ph
Mon Sep 13 01:16:28 EDT 2004

Quoting stu <stu at gateway10.homeip.net>:

> Hello All
>
> With all the options out there for linux, IPSec, PPTP, SSL Tunnel
> etc
> Which is best "safest" free vpn to use.
>
> I want to be able to link mulitple satelite offices to a head office,
> where
> they will connect to a central server for services.
>
> Each office will have ADSL connecting to the internet and Dynamic IP
> addresses, although I can use dynamic update client to make sure the
> domain
> name for each site gets updated as the ip changes.
> So that is probably a consideration for the choice, needs to support
> domain
> name and not ip address.

A good practice would be employing a standards-compliant solution such
as IPSec for your VPN. Given that your nodes do have proper support for
IPSec then it can be said that these nodes can be interconnected (in
theory its like that, in practice... well configuring is sometimes a
pain).

--
  -->paolo

Paolo Alexis Falcone