[VPN] Neoteris SSL VPN Slowness

Doug Dooley ddooley at juniper.net
Tue May 25 17:25:31 EDT 2004

Dante -

We have ~2000 customer deployments today with the majority of them using
OWA, Citrix, or both.  As it stands, we do not have any known
performance issues with regards to OWA and/or Citrix (ICA, NFuse, Web
Interface) slowness.  As a matter of fact, we have a couple of customers
using Secure Access 5000 clusters with GZIP hardware compression enabled
that has actually provided a better overall end-user response time for
dial-up users to OWA specifically.

That being said, here's a quick tip for Citrix - be sure you have "web
caching" enabled on the IVE for .ica files?

Under Admin Console, Resource Policies -> Web -> Caching -> [New Policy]
Example - Action: Cache, Resource: *:*/*.ica, Applies to role: All roles
This is not a requirement but could potentially improve end-user
response time. This policy will allow the IVE to download and save the
.ICA file on the IVE's local storage (AES encrypted) for transformation
before sending to the end-user.

As for OWA, I have no quick suggestions/recommendations because OWA
generally works well out of the box unless you have a configuration
issue or a problem with the backend system/network.

Feel free to contact me directly via email and CC:
help at support.neoteris.com <mailto:help at support.neoteris.com>
We'll get you running as soon as possible.

Doug Dooley <ddooley at juniper.net>
Security Products Group
Juniper Networks

[VPN] Neoteris SSL VPN Slowness

Dante Mercurio Dante at webcti.com
<mailto:vpn%40lists.shmoo.com?Subject=%5BVPN%5D%20Neoteris%20SSL%20VPN%2
0Slowness&In-Reply-To=>
Thu May 20 10:41:39 MDT 2004