[VPN] SAP support through VPN

venicio_boas at br.schindler.com venicio_boas at br.schindler.com
Fri May 14 11:04:30 EDT 2004

Dear all

           My company intend to use SAP remote support through the RAS VPN
according to the picture below. The company which povide te share support
service already use diffrent clients for accessing different customers :
Cisco client
 Netscrren client
 Windows VPN client
 Nortel client

at the some internal machine. They passed us the following information
about  RA VPN of them:

Access to customers using Internet based VPNs are done through an isolated
link to Internet and each workstation that needs the access is mapped to
an individual valid network address.

All workstations and VPN client used is configured to avoid multiple
tunnels and the connection to service provider corporate network while a
VPN tunnel remains active.

To improve security, no routes are added to this isolated internet link,
except those that match our customers VPN gateway addresses.

Scalability is obtained through a 34 Mbps internet link without usage
limitation

        I would like to question if using these clients and the
configuration above, are there security  risks in contract this share
service and which possible tests we should make for assuring that we won´t
have problems in the future ?

Thank you for any hints.

Venicio Vilas-Bôas
Elevadores Atlas Schindler S/A