[VPN] Windows 2000 VPN Client configuration

Michael Ray miker at cotse.com
Thu Mar 25 00:31:40 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:01:28 -0500, you wrote:

>I am looking for detailed information on the configuration options (registry
>values etc) available for setting up a VPN client using the windows 2000 VPN
>client with IPsec. The end point for the connection is on a Linksys RV082
>router. To date I have been able to find information on how to alter the
>registry to prevent automatic security policy generation so that I can use
>my own policy.

These 2 links should get you where you want to be.

Step by step guide with screen shots, etc
Configuring IPsec Between a Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP PC and a
Linksys Cable/DSL VPN Router
http://www.linksys.com/support/support.asp?spid=86

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 252735
How to Configure IPSec Tunneling in Windows 2000 -
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/Q252/7/35.asp&NoWebContent=1&NoWebContent=1

>Thanks
>MJ

I hope that helps.