[VPN] OpenVPN

Travis Watson travis at traviswatson.com
Thu Jul 22 21:14:23 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm a bit embarrased, but I only recently discovered Openvpn and have
used it for a couple months for just home use and messing around at
work.  So far I am *very* impressed, but I'm not using it for a decent
sized user base, nor am I aware of what problems/hurdles might be
involved with implementing it.

I actually recommended a member of this mailing list look into it, but
in retrospect, that may have been irresponsible given my lack of
experience.  Has anyone out there used it for a while *and* used it for
a decent number of users (say, 25 or so)?  If so, could you share your
opinion with the group on performance/potential problems/things to look
for, etc.?  I'm not looking for a whitepaper, just something to the
effect of, "Works fine for my 50 users, but watch out for x" or "It
started to choke with 200 users on my box with the following <specs>.
Something to that effect.

Many thanks,

Travis