[VPN] Firewall/VPN

Todd DeShetler tdeshetler at cambridgeinc.com
Thu Jul 22 12:50:40 EDT 2004

I've been a silent member of this post for 3 years now and have come to
respect many of you for your great depth of knowledge regarding VPN's.
While I don't have a particular problem with a device, your advice is
sorely needed.

I have a company that employs 45 people - 15 of which are remote that
require access to the network resources.  The number of remote staff
members will likely increase by 20-30 over the course of the next 3
years.  We've also got a management team that needs the ability to
connect to the network from anywhere should they need to (currently able
to do so over a middleware app).

Making a long story short, I'm currently in the market to upgrade our
current firewall to include dynamic inspection, application proxy, and
VPN capabilities.  Those that are experts in the VPN world, have
suggested the NetScreen-100 device for it's ability to comply with our
requirements at a reasonable price.  Agree or disagree?

Thanks,

Todd M. DeShetler
Director of Technology Services
Cambridge Holdings, Inc.