[VPN] Linksys BEFVP41 & Netgear FVS318

TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com TSimons at Delphi-Tech.com
Wed Jan 21 22:18:13 EST 2004

John-
I've never used BEFVP41 with a Netgear, but I have done tunnels to a
Symantec Enterprise Firewall, Symantec Velociraptor, and Symantec
Firewall/VPN Appliance 200R

I've run through about 5 different firmwares from linksys.  Currently I'm
running 1.41.1, Sep 04 2003 and the tunnels are working great.  Past
firmwares would drop tunnels, and sometimes configs.  The only thing that
I've learned to be careful of is to be sure your in the right "Advanced"
window for a particular tunnel, and make sure to close it when your done, it
doesn't close automatically, and can get confusing when your configuring
multiple tunnels

~Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: John Nelissen [mailto:j.nelissen at att.net]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 7:53 PM
To: vpn at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: [VPN] Linksys BEFVP41 & Netgear FVS318

New to the list.  Searched the archives for anything resembling the
subject without success.

Current situation: Two Linksys routers working fine (one static IP, one
PPPoE.)

Need to add another concurrent tunnel which Linksys doesn't support.
Obtained a Netgear device but can't seem to get a usable connection
between the disparate vendors.  (According to the Netgear log a
"temporary" connection appears with the same parameters as the defined
tunnel, but that's as far as it goes.)

Can anyone provide some adumbration regarding configuration specifics
that might be hindering the process?

Thanks in advance,

John Nelissen