[VPN] Strange VPN Problem

Dale Nunnelley dnunnelley at OptioSoftware.com
Mon Jan 12 15:09:26 EST 2004

I was having the same issue. I did not find the problem per say, but a
upgrade on the client's router/firewall fixed it. Happen around the time the
blaster thing hit.

We also did the smaller MTUs, but only the upgrade fixed it.

Datalink firewall/router (not sure of model).

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Francois Dive [mailto:jef at linuxbe.org]
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2004 6:23 AM
To: sunil Shetty
Cc: vpn at lists.shmoo.com
Subject: Re: [VPN] Strange VPN Problem

Hi,

Get the log from the conntivity client and send them to the list (assuming
it is not too big, hold sensitive info etc..). Other than that it is
difficult to guess. What type of vpn router/server/switch/thing does this
client connect to ?

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 07:55:05AM -0000, sunil  Shetty wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We have a user using his Dell Laptop from home and getting
> disconnected every 10 minutes. The problem occurs only when the user
> uses his laptop to connect , he can connect without problems and dont
> get disconnected when using any other system. Have reinstalled the OS
> (Win2k Prof) , updated with latest Service Pack(4)and also reinstalled
> the Nortel Contivity VPN client (Latest One)... Reduced the MTU Size
> and also disabled the Dynamic DNS Update feature of Win2k. Tried all
> possible mehtods still the user is getting disconnected in 10 minutes.
> The user has tried connecting to different Nortel VPn Switches from
> the Laptop....Same issue. Its also not related to Intel Centrino CPU
> chip causing VPN problems.The user connects to VPN through Fiberlink.
> A hunmle request to suggest any Solution for this.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Sam

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> jef at linuxbe.org

  I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
VPN mailing list
VPN at lists.shmoo.com