[VPN] does RFC mentioned about number of Idci and Idcr in quick mode

Kulshreshtha, Naveen nkulshreshtha at ipolicynet.com
Fri Apr 23 14:06:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have question about the number of IDci and IDcr in the Quick mode exchange. How many of each of them I can attach? Can I send more than one IDci and more than one IDcr? Does RFC mention that there should be only one IDci and one IDcr ?

In the absence of any identification tagged to the ID payload, How can it be understand that which one is IDci and which one is IDcr ? While there is one IDci and one IDcr, sequence {first IDci and than IDcr} makes it sure that these payload identified properly .

Thanks

Naveen