[VPN] Recommendations

Travis Watson travis at traviswatson.com
Sat Apr 10 13:58:54 EDT 2004

You've already received some good recommendations and I don't mean to poor it
on, but you may want to look at m0n0wall as well for the smaller
site--particularly if management is cheap (http://m0n0.ch/wall/).  It's
pretty cool stuff and the price is right.

Having said that, I usually lean toward Netscreen.  They are very reasonable
in price, solid, and easy to manage.  The only caustion I would give you is
that the 5-series has the 10 user and "unlimited" option for VPN.  Ten nodes
through a tunnel can happen pretty quickly and the unlimited option just
about doubles the price.  The 10 user limitation is for VPN only, however,
not general connectivity.

Good luck.