[VPN] VPN Help!

Carl Friedberg friedberg at comets.com
Mon Sep 29 18:01:31 EDT 2003

As in all things, "it depends"

ADSL by itself does not say what speed you are getting (or supposed to
get).

There's a cheaper version, limited to 384K down, perhaps as little as 64
or128kbpis upstream (compared with ISDN and its 128k/128k).

You can get ADSL at 1500 kbps down, 384 up, but it will cost more, most
likely.

Go TO DSLREPORTS.COM, look for OUR TOOLS, look for SPEED TESTS, and see
what you are actually getting (which is most likely less than the rated
or advertised speeds 00 those are not guaranteed by most providers.

Carl