[VPN] IPSEC over load-shared T1s (per packet)

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Fri Sep 19 11:17:48 EDT 2003

Unless you're doing NAT, the CRC of the IP packet will not change.  This sounds
more like an issue with out-of-order packets, especially if you have any
fragmentation going on, since some devices don't like out-of-order fragments.
The easiest fix may be to set the MTU of your VPN devices down to avoid
fragmentation completely (1400 or so is probably a good number), but you may
have other options as well.  For example, Cisco has some specific commands in
IOS for dealing with fragmentation and PMTU Discovery.

God luck!

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-3364
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S        (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."