[VPN] necessary vpn subsystem is not available

Dana J. Dawson djdawso at qwest.com
Fri Sep 19 11:03:28 EDT 2003

I've seen this several times, and it seems that it usually (perhaps always)
happens if I change the IP address of my ethernet interface without first
quitting out of the client.  Usually a reboot fixes it, but a couple times I've
had to uninstall and reinstall the client.  The client now stays running down in
the task bar in some situations, which I don't think previous versions used to
do, so it's easier to not notice that it's still running.  By the way, my
experiences have been with Windows 2000.  I don't know if it behaves the same
under XP or not.

HTH

Dana

Dana J. Dawson                     djdawso at qwest.com
Senior Staff Engineer              CCIE #1937
Qwest Communications               (612) 664-3364
600 Stinson Blvd., Suite 1S        (612) 664-4779 (FAX)
Minneapolis  MN  55413-2620

"Hard is where the money is."