[VPN] Norte Contivity "Banner Text" problem

Jac jac_des_vert at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 15 07:11:56 EDT 2003

There isn't any resolution to this from the vendors
perspective because there in nothing wrong with thier
code. There is generally something wrong with the
environment that is being used as stated below. You
could also have this error if there is a firewall
blocking ESP/AH (protocols 50 and 51)

The client succedes in setting up the ISAKMP
negotiation but when the client goes to get the banner
it fails because something has blocked the message
outgoing or the reply. If its a NAT issue the "IPSec
capable NAT" should get you around it.

The v04_75.140 is not a client code, its for the
server. You should check with Nortel support for the
most recent EAC code. No place else really to get it
since it only works with thier product.

Jac